Sunday, May 11, 2008

Our Daily Bread

I haven't posted much lately because I've been busy. My finals went well, as far as I know, and I'm relieved to be finished for the semester. I packed up and handed in my dormitory key and I moved back into my house for the summer. I spent the weekend relaxing and catching up with my youth group kids, so it has been a great few days.

What I've come to realize is just how damaging or encouraging an environment could be. I didn't really notice it while I was at college but the college environment, even though I try my best to avoid parties and ungodly activities, really has a creeping influence on the life of a believer. I read the Word less when I was there; I spent less time with my Father there; I started enjoying the things of the world more, such as video games and television shows and movies.

Now that I'm home, I've actually read my Bible a few times. I've actually talked with others believers and had genuine fellowship, talking about the things of Christ and the life of a Christian. Just the change in environment has had a positive influence on me.

God has opened my eyes and helped me to see the tremendous importance of Christ and His Word, our daily Bread. How can we profess to be spiritually alive if we do not eat the Bread of Life every day? Without it, we will starve. I pray that the Holy Spirit would guide me, and anyone who reads this, into spending time in the Word daily so that we would not starve.

No comments: