Friday, May 16, 2008

Justification and Regeneration

I haven't updated much lately because I don't know what to write. Ever since I came home for the summer, there hasn't been much to talk about. I suppose I'll start talking about what I read in the Word for the next few days.

Something that I haven't mentioned before is the kindness of the Leiter family. I'm talking about Charles Leiter, author of Justification and Regeneration, and his wife, Mona. A few weeks ago, I had a random urge to check the inbox of an e-mail account that I had never used. Lo and behold, sitting in my otherwise empty inbox was an e-mail from Mr. Leiter!

We had a short discussion over the next few days and I asked him for some recommended Christian reading and he was kind enough to give me a huge list of books. I don't know if I'll ever finish reading all of the books on the list but I'll definitely try!

The reason I'm writing this is that the Leiters offered to send me a free copy of their book as a gift. As a poor college student who doesn't have many book resources for theology, I happily and joyfully accepted the offer. Since last weekend, I've been the excited owner of their book and I am learning a great deal from it.

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. Now, all these things are from God...

2 Corinthians 5:17-18

Mr. Leiter explains the intricacies of the doctrines of justification and regeneration in such a way that anyone could understand. Although I'm only halfway through the book (just started the section on the doctrine of regeneration), I've already learned a great deal about these doctrines. I've heard many sermons that dealt with these issues and they taught me a lot but this book is precious to me for its content.

I highly, highly recommend this book for any and every Christian out there walking with the Lord.

If either of you happen to read this, thank you so much, Mr. Charles and Mona Leiter.

No comments: